As early as the 13th century, a chapel of the Order of Saint John of Malta was built here, and it was completely transformed in the 18th century. The building, which is constructed in the Baroque style and dates back to 1758, shows a tendency towards classicism and a certain ornamental and linear simplicity. It has a rectangular floor plan, a single nave with side chapels and a semi-circular chancel. The nave is barrel-vaulted with lunettes. The chapels are also barrel-vaulted and they open onto the main nave through semi-circular arches.
The main façade is formed of three vertical segments separated by two pilasters and two rows of imposts that split the façade into three levels. The lintelled doorway is framed by a triumphal arch bearing the image of Saint John the Baptist. The current image of Saint John, located on the façade, is a copy of the original. The original was made in the 14th century and is the only surviving piece from the Gothic church. It is found in the Museu d'Art Sacre de Mallorca.